Our most frequent questions and answers.
A quick elevator pitch would go something like this; “Leland’s stands apart from competition because we deliver with the service of “small” with the solid warranty of “large”. Leland’s is local.
Most other big name brands in the shed industry are out of state corporate companies who hire local contractors, who have no care for quality, no care for customer service, and who have no intention to be here for the long haul. In fact we see them from time to time, set up dealerships for a couple of months and suddenly they are gone. Leland’s has chosen rather to build it’s brand in a solid way, one town at a time.
Leland’s is building slowly, steadily, with the intent of long term presence. Big enough to handle whatever your storage needs may be but not too big to care.
It’s NOT particle board, it’s NOT wafer board, it’s NOT chipboard. It’s simply a better choice for your outdoor building! LP SmartSide products deliver all the warmth and beauty of traditional wood, plus the durability and workability of engineered wood. Unlike traditional wood, LP SmartSide Trim & Siding products resist cupping and warping.
All LP SmartSide products are treated with the proprietary SmartGuard process to resist fungal decay and termites in harsh environments. Tested in Hilo, Hawaii, LP SmartSide products continue to resist structural damage, even after years of exposure to thriving termite colonies and excessive moisture!
So lets just go over a quick check list to better understand the value of LP SmartPanel.
1. Industry-Leading Warranty.
2. Resists Fungal Rot and Decay.
3. Resists Termites.
4. Resists Delamination.
5. Resists Splitting and Cracking.
6. Resists Warping.
7. Rich Cedar Grain Texture.
Leland’s is proud to offer Free Delivery up to a 50-mile radius from any of our 30+ Sales Centers in Texas!
Standard Free Delivery Includes:
- Ability to access location with fully assembled unit. We recommend an additional 4’ of width clearance and 4’ of height clearance for the smoothest delivery process.
- Setting the building on your level ground, or one of three options for blocking and leveling.
- Level unit with pressure treated wood blocks, FREE to customer.
- Level unit with customer provided concrete blocks up to 12″ high from ground, FREE to customer. Each layer of blocks above 12″ is $100 fee per layer.
- Level unit with driver provided concrete blocks, $5 per block paid to driver at time of setup.
In order to prepare for delivery, please have the desired location of your new Leland’s product clear of debris and obstructions of any kind. You may also want to mow the location to keep your unit from setting on tall grass. Since your new shed or outdoor living structure will be delivered fully assembled, clear access to the site is crucial for quick and simple delivery. This helps to ensure a pleasant delivery experience for you.
Additional Items to consider:
- We do not deliver buildings on any type of platforms or piers raised above the ground. A clear, level area is all we require for delivery.
We are not responsible for determining ground conditions. If the ground is soft or wet, delivery is not advised. We reserve the right to reschedule a delivery if the ground conditions are not adequate for a safe and non-destructive delivery.
- You are responsible to identify and locate any underground water or sewer lines that could be damaged. Customer bears all responsibility for damage to yard, driveway, etc.
- You are responsible to know and obtain (where necessary) all permits and meet any HOA requirements. The professional drivers we contract perform many deliveries every day and your cooperation with these steps will help to ensure you have a pleasant delivery experience.
Our prices are higher than some competitors due to the quality and way we build them. For example some shed companies like to notch holes in your runners to place your floor joists in. This is done for speed and not for quality or strength in your building. Here at Lelands, you won’t find a notched runner. We don’t believe in cutting corners or quality of material, and we put the time and effort into your shed to make sure it is built well and built to last.
Here at Lelands, we build a lot of built to order sheds, providing you with the customization needed to fit your needs. Our standard lead times are usually 3-5 weeks.
However, we do have display sheds available to be purchased with a 7-10 business day lead time. There are also a few select sheds sitting at the factories that we can deliver within 3-5 business days.
Need an option to conserve your cash? Lelands offers multiple payment options. We have a “No Credit Check” Rent To Own program and several traditional bank financing options. These payments would vary depending on the term length, interest rates, and price of the building you are purchasing. Our financing rates start as low as 7.99%.
Access is a thing of the past with our onsite build option. We can build the shed in your backyard. This keeps you from having to take down a fence or trying to find someone you can trust to take it down for you.
The lead time for an onsite build option is traditionally 3-5 weeks, depending on the weather. The only thing we ask for on an onsite build is that we have 3’ of perimeter clearance to be able to install the shed and paint it in your backyard.
Each city’s and HOA’s restrictions vary. Our best advice is to reach out to your HOA or local city and check on their restrictions and requirements. Our team of shed experts can help you narrow down any drawings, 3D renderings, or other documents needed to get these approvals. Thus making your permitting or HOA approval process easier and quicker. Working with the experts pays dividends in getting these items together with the information they need.